SmartSTART - How to Apply | Step 5
Step Five: Orientation and Training
Do I Have To Attend?
All training for the SmartSTART program is mandatory. Due to COVID 19 restrictions, the training is on-hold. However, when training resumes, the training will take place at the AIU's Central Office, 475 East Waterfront Drive, Homestead, PA 15120.*
NOTE: In the event of low enrollment the training is subject to cancellation. In the event the training is cancelled, you will be notified via email at least one week prior to the scheduled Orientation date.
- Overview of SmartSTART
- Preparation and Professionalism
- Confidentiality/Ethical Issues
- District Requirements
- Emergency Permits
- Sub-Packs Materials/Workbook
- Effective Communication
- Classroom Management/Instructional Strategies
- Special Education
Online training through the Utah State University/STEDI/Substitute Teaching Institute (required)
Act 126/31 Mandated Reporter Training (required)
All training sessions are held at the AIU's Central Office, 475 East Waterfront Drive, Homestead, PA 15120
* You must be invited by the AIU to attend these sessions by filling out an application online.