To ensure that the integrity of our vision and mission in maximizing achievement for all learners is never compromised, the AIU is committed to hiring the best qualified employees. Below is a close look at the steps potential applicants will take in applying for career opportunities at the Allegheny Intermediate Unit (AIU).
- To indicate interest for all AIU positions, applicants will need to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Allegheny Intermediate Unit, 475 East Waterfront Drive, Homestead, PA 15120, ATTN: Human Resources. We encourage you to search through our listings and apply to any position that you may be qualified for via mail or email. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process, you may email us at email@example.com.
- All resumes are screened according to criteria established by Human Resources for each open position.
NOTE: It is important to indicate the specific position that you are applying for so your application can be screened appropriately. Those resumes that do not specify a particular position will be screened according to the position that most closely matches the applicant’s skill set. All resumes are kept on file for one year.
- Potential applicants may receive a call from a specialist in the Human Resources Department to verify credentials and review specific requirements of the position.
- Qualified applicants will receive an AIU application in the mail to be completed within five business days. Current Act 151, Act 34 and Act 114 Clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI Clearances) are required for all positions. Three letters of recommendation or three work reference forms are required as well.
PA-Educator will not have to fill out an additional application or any additional paperwork.
- Once the Human Resources Department receives a completed application, all information is reviewed carefully, and you may be selected for an interview. Please be advised that a completed application does not ensure that you will receive an interview. Completing an application is merely another step in the hiring process.
- Those applicants that are invited for an in-person interview will receive a call from Human Resources to schedule an appointment.
- Applicants that pass the criteria in the first interview will be invited to a second interview.
- Some positions may require the applicant to participate in specific performance tasks/tests. You will be notified about any required tests or tasks.
- Phone references are conducted for all potential new hires.
- All individuals interviewed for positions are notified about their final status via email.