Advanced Placement (AP)
Allegheny Intermediate Unit is a College Board® endorsed provider of our annual Advanced Placement® (AP) Summer Institute.
Held each summer during the last full week in June, our AP Summer Institute draws educators from across the United States.
This wonderful professional learning summer institute is facilitated by AP course consultants and subject-matter experts who have a depth of experience and knowledge of AP courses.
IMPORTANT - Latest News & Information
For 2020, the College Board required APSI host organizations to modify the delivery format for their AP Summer Institutes.
Here are some highlights from our first-ever virtual AP Summer Institute:
- AIU offered 10 AP course workshops over five days during the last week of June, 2020.
- AP workshop instructors used AIU's Canvas learning management system and Zoom to facilitate asynchronous and synchronous portions of their workshops.
- 82 AP course teachers from across seven U.S. states, Europe, and the Middle East participated in our five-day virtual APSI this June.
- We experienced a 100% completion rate among our attendees who expressed gratitude to AIU and the College Board for shifting this year's APSI to a virtual format.
Registration is closed for 2020
2020 AP Workshops:
- Art and Design
- Calculus AB and BC (combined)
- Computer Science Principles
- English Literature & Composition
- European History
- U.S. Government & Politics
- U.S. History
- World History: Modern
For more information about our Advanced Placement® (AP) Summer Institute, contact:
Dr. Paul Cindric, Program Director
Linda Muller, Program Specialist
® The acorn logo is a registered trademark of the College Board. Used with permission.