Family Support Centers
Family Support Centers are community-based programs designed to provide families with resources, opportunities and experiences that enable them to become self-sufficient and nurturing parents.
Family Support Centers focus on:
- Healthy child development
- Effective parenting
- Preservation of the family unit
- Economic self-sufficiency
These goals are accomplished through home-based services, parent support groups, parent/child activities, relationship building and mentoring.
Family Support Centers are located in the following school districts:
- East Allegheny
- Penn Hills
- Steel Valley
- West Mifflin
- Home visits
- Parent and child activities
- Parent support and information groups
- Developmental assessments
- Referrals to community and human services
- Family and individual counseling
- Housing information and support
- Employment and training support
- Sto-Rox Family Center Open House: Our family center in McKees Rocks has a new home! Come see it on Wednesday, May 31 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at 800 Russellwood Ave., McKees Rocks, PA 15136. Click here to download the flyer.
- Download: Family Support Center Brochure (PDF)