On a contractual basis, the AIU Access Program is available to provide School-Based Access Program management services to school districts and charter schools. The AIU Access Program supports billing processes and compliance.
The Access Program is a means for school districts to gain partial reimbursement for health-related services for special education students who are eligible for Medicaid.
The AIU's implementation of the Access Program includes:
- Student MA eligibility checks
- Obtaining medical authorization for services
- Student, provider, service and IEP data upload to EasyTrac
- Maintenance of provider caseloads in EasyTrac
- Submission of quarterly Staff Pool and Calendar to the Claiming System
- Training materials for providers
- Compliance monitoring and technical assistance with audits
- Program updates and consultation to maximize reimbursement
- 6-year record retention
Services are provided on a contracted basis.
For more information about the AIU Access Progam, contact Kara Bonaroti at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-394-4527.